Board Category: Inflatable Windsurfing Boards
Starboard AirPlane 255 - Convertible Freeride inflatable boards with a center fin option
Starboard revolutionary inflatable windsurfing boards include the Airplane 255 and 242 sizes. These innovative designs make compact travel oriented windsurfing performance a reality. The 255 and 242 models are convertible freeride boards that are intermediate to advanced boards, suitable for rapid progression and expert riders alike. Double Rail Edge maximizes release when planing and grip in maneuvers and planing / carving jibes. The enclosed Tuttle Fin box is permanently glued into the hull while the center fin and fin box feature a removable system, both designed to maximize hull performance. Also an integrated deck plate has been added to reinforce the removable mushroom mast box attachment.
The 2022 Airplanes feature: Welding technology for improved strength and durability. Construction also has double-layer, low-extension drop-stitch technology for added stiffness, improved durability, higher resistance to puncture, improved shape stability over time and reduced weight. Removable center fin box allows both center fin and box removal for advanced windsurfing performance. A Double Rail Edge improves grip while carve jibing. Enclosed Tuttle fin box system for direct fin drive and performance of a cavity fin box system and allows for large range of fin size options to suit riders needs.
- Size: 255.
- New Graphics for 2022.
- Stiffer and Lighter construction.
- Improved rocker – improves lift, glide and maneuverability.
- Slick Footstrap and insert system with anti twist feature.
- 2 rows of inserts on the 255,.
- Mushroom mast box with integrated mast plate.
- Enclosed Tuttle fin box system – more secure.
- Magic Suitcase – a padded, compartmentalized, wheeled travel bag.
- V8 Double Action Pump – more rapid inflation.
- Fast Box – center removable fin box.
- Drake Freeride Power = Tuttle G10 42 cm fin.
- Drake Shallow 22 US center fin.
- 4 Yulex foot straps - made of natural Rubber. .
Size / Specs:
255 = 255 x 78 x 15 x 229 liters, 20.1 lbs
Heated and bonded for life - Starboard’s new welding technique turns two into one – using heat to bond two separate pieces of PVC into a single solid unit. Heat-welded PVC creates a mechanical bond that’s stronger, lasts longer – and is better for the environment. Construction utilizing denier sandwich rail stiffeners, triple-stringer carbon compression rail bands, more fiber, less coating and less glue result in lighter weights for improved stiffness. 6" drop stitch both 255 and 242 sizes.
|Board Size Ranges||X- Large (215-300 Liters)|