Board Category: Inflatable Windsurfing Boards
Starboard AirPlane 290 - Convertible Freeride inflatable boards with center fin option
Starboard revolutionary inflatable windsurfing boards include The AirPlane 290 with its fully retractable daggerboard is the most suited to beginners to and more experienced riders alike.
This innovative design makes compact travel oriented windsurfing a reality. The new Tuttle Fin box is enclosed in the hull while the center fin and fin box feature a removable system, both designed to maximize hull performance. Also an intergraded deck plate has been added to reinforce the removable mushroom mast box attachment.
The 2022 Airplanes feature: Weldeing technology for improved strength and durability. Construction also has double-layer, low-extension drop-stitch technology for added stiffness, improved durability, higher resistance to puncture, improved shape stability over time and reduced weight. A Double Rail Edge improves grip while carve jibing. Enclosed Tuttle fin box system.
- 290 size.
- Improved construction = Heat Welded seams.
- Rocker – improves lift, glide and maneuverability.
- Slick Footstrap and insert system with anti twist feature.
- 2 rows of footstrap inserts on the 290.
- Mushroom mast box with integraded mast plate.
- Magic Suitcase – a padded, compartmentalized, wheeled travel bag.
- V8 Double Action Pump – more rapid inflation.
- Enclosed Tuttle fin box system – more secure.
- Drake Shallow 41 Tuttle fin.
- 57 cm Daggerboard with Clipper Box.
- 4 Yulex foot straps - made of natural Rubber. .
Size / Specs:
290 = 290 x 90 x 15cm x 290 liters, 30.9 lbs.
Heated and bonded for life - Starboard’s new welding technique turns two into one – using heat to bond two separate pieces of PVC into a single solid unit. Heat-welded PVC creates a mechanical bond that’s stronger, lasts longer – and is better for the environment. Construction utilizing dener sandwich rail stiffeners, triple-stringer carbon compression rail bands, more fiber, less coating and less glue result in lighter weights for improved stiffness. 6" drop stitch.