Category: WindWings – Inflatable Wings – hard handles
2023 DuoTone Foil Wing Unit D-Lab– Lightest- stiffest - all round Wing with ridged handles.
The New improved Duotone Unit D/LAB Wing is the latest inflatable wing design from this pioneering brand. D-Lab models feature the strongest - lightest Aluula material for the leading edge and strut combine with our new MOD3 canopy and the result is mind blowing! The latest version of Aluula fabric offers unmatched weight, ride compliance and response, which results in a lighter wing with improved lift, drift, power and hang time. The instantaneous feedback from the Unit D/LAB allows you to fly earlier, jump higher and rotate quicker. Combine this Aluula with the new MOD3 canopy and the result is mind blowing! MOD3, a new canopy that changes everything! The latest edition Unit offers more power, better hang time and improved drift stability. The higher modulus MOD3 fabric holds the shape of the wing with double the strength in warp direction and 3 times* the stretch resistance in bias direction compared to traditional canopies. It is also More than 7 times less stretchy at lower force. The new Unit also has an optimized dihedral angle, as well as the tip and strut twist for better drift stability when surfing or flying through basic maneuvers. The extra lift and power deliver more hang time when jumping.
From the first pump, you’ll notice the additional power MOD3 brings to the wing. With responsive handling through the rigid handles. The 2023 Unit gets you up in flight mode sooner, with an improved grunt and low end allowing you to use smaller-sized wings. There is a small gain in weight with the new materials – that becomes secondary once you feel the power, draft stability, and wide range of the new Unit. MOD3 remains fresh like its day one and significantly improves the tear resistance and canopy strength. Improved and stronger front handle provides better stand-off is another detail that improves the surfing characteristics of the Unit range.For better visibility Designer Ken Winner implemented the window layout from the Slick SLS to improve vision and overall safety at crowded spots with minimal impact on the lightweight structure of the Unit.
The lightweight rigid handles have become a benchmark in wing design for their direct steering and power transfer allowing the rider quick adjustments through its grip range combined with pump-and-go simplicity and minimal packing size. Whether you love drawing flowing lines in the surf and open ocean swells, lift and hang time in tacks and jumps or simply like riding with extra horsepower in your engine, the 2023 Unit is yet again another step ahead of the pack!
- 7 size options available= 3.5-6.5 m2.
- Improved design and materials = lighter and increased range.
- Latest Aluula Leading Edge and Strut fabric
- Unit D/LAB = Most instantaneous feedback, unmatched light weight and performance range.
- Proven rigid handle design =Solid handles for direct control
- Neutral and effortless on the front handle while surfing
- MOD3 = New canopy material for improved power, durability and stability (see images)
- Segmented front tube for great stiffness and flex behavior
- Improved front handle for better control while surfing
- Improved window design for safety and comfort
- Improved power delivery with more grunt
- Improved draft stability
- Compact Packing Size = easy and fast to set up and packs down small, which makes it the perfect travel companion. The new backpack makes packing and carrying your Unit as easy as it gets and stores your wing in style.
- New Wing Bag – included.
*Notes: A Wing Leash Is NOT included -sold separately! A Pumps is NOT included – sold separately!