Starboard Carve 2023 Wood Sandwich
Board Category: Freemove – Freeride – Freecarve.
Starboard Carve 2023 windsurfing freeride board - Easy planing. Confident control. Autopilot jibes.
Starboard has fine tuned the new Carve series to enhance board performance for 2023. These New shapes are design to make performance windsurfing more accessible with increased control, speed and jibing abilities. Each size has a bit of targeted performance design for condition of use. Sporty nose shapes combined with enhanced deck concave, tail cutaways, waterdrop tail, extended rocker flat, and inset stance with middle back footstrap position all benefit the rider in a wide range of conditions. Smaller sizes 99, 109, 119 favor rougher water, speed and freeriding bump-n-jump performance in higher wind conditions. Mid range sizes 129, 139 blend early planing , acceleration and speed out of the turns while bridging light and medium winds. 139 and 149 have ready to foil box. 149-169 sizes offer easy planing and jibing and for advancing intermediates who seeking confidence building and rewarding performance qualities. All in the new 2023 Carves deliver big on effortless planing, autopilot jibing and a controlled ride in any conditions.
- 8 size options to choose from = 99, 109, 119, 129, 139, 149, 159, 169
- Construction: Wood Sandwich
- All new shapes for 2023
- Sporty Nose – bottom concaves smooth out the chop, improve lift and planing performance
- Gravity Control System – Concave deck for a lower center of gravity for the rig and board control
- Carve Hip on 139 and larger sizes - Wider shape around front straps – for increased balance and easier jibing
- Extended Rocker Flat – for easy passive planing without any effort – more natural planing threshold
- Cutaways – in the tail are new double steps – for improved planing and acceleration.
- WaterDrop Tail - underwater shape at the tail maximizes earlier planing, reduced drag at higher speeds
- EVA deck pads - 10mm thick footpads with a diamond grooving pattern grip and comfort
- 4 x’s Drake Slick footstraps – using yulex foam
- Tuttle box all sizes. Foil ready box on 139/ 149 wood only!
- Fin = Drake Freeride Fin (33–48 cm / 99-169 sizes) tuttle base
Sizes / Specs:
99 = 238 x 64cm, 34 cm fin, 6.9 (Wood)
109 = 238 x 67 cm, 36 cm fin, 7.0 kg
119 = 238 x 71 cm, 38 cm fin, 7.5 kg
129 = 238 x 76 cm, 40 cm fin, 8.2 kg
139 = 240 x 80 cm, 44 cm fin, 8.5 kg
149 = 247 x 80 cm, 44 cm fin, 8.5 kg
159 = 255 x 81 cm, 46 cm fin, 9.1 kg
169 = 258 x 84 cm, 48 cm fin, 9.3 kg
WOOD SANDWICH - Durable lightweight technology designed from the ground up as our lowest carbon-footprint boards. Using high strength Sicomin epoxy resins, optimally positioned and carefully aligned panels of natural 0.6mm Australian Pinewood are laminated over recyclable high tech PET H105 core foam material, providing full deck sandwich construction with optimal fatigue properties, excellent shear strain, overall stiffness and reduced weight.