Starboard Wingboard 2023 Blue Carbon
Board Category: Wingfoil / Supfoil
Starboard WingBoard Blue Carbon – Hi-performance Board for Wingfoiling
Starboard’s Wingboard range combines the speed and efficiency of foiling with the power of the wind. The Starboard Wingboard – Foiling models have been redesigned and available in a wider variety of sizes to suit your skill sets and growth potential. 3 models will be Isthmus focus for the 2023 season = 7’0” x 31”, 6’3” x 28.5” and 5’2” x 30”. Starboard redesigned this model and sizing to meet the evolving demands of wingfoilers. Starboard explains how they changed and modified their designs. “To get started we need stability and since volume works on leverage, the further away the volume is from your feet, the more stability it creates. We placed the volume in the rails, at the square nose and at the little “platform” at the tail of the board. Stability is also created by having the feet as close to the foil as possible. We do not want to foil with “High Heels”, so the thinner a board is, the better it rides.”
7’4” x 32.5” / 160 L = New size 2023 = Our all-new largest Wingboard size, is ideal for getting started with the ins and outs of Wingboard Foiling. The 7’4” is the highly anticipated board for the bigger guy, enabling riders up to 115kg to foil like never before.
7’0” x 31” / 145 L = A progressive board for starting out in Wingboarding. The 7’0” is large enough to cater for riders up to 110kg while still a compact and maneuverable design.
6’3” x 28.5” / 115 L = Our mid-size Wingboard is the ideal balance of stability, glide, and maneuverability for riders up to 100kg
5’2” x 30” / 100 L = Catering for larger riders while remaining in a compact size. The 5’2” has plenty of volume and width, making flying easy and maneuverable. Offering high-performance riding to riders up to 100kg.
4’9” x 26” / 70 L = Catering for larger riders while remaining in a compact size. The 5’2” has plenty of volume and width, making flying easy and maneuverable. Offering high-performance riding to riders up to 100kg.
- 6 size options (stocking 3 = 5’2, 6’3, 7’0)
- Sizes and designs – updated 2023 – more sizes- features.
- Blue Carbon Construction – Great value and performance
- RECESSED DECK = Significantly improves stability as you have a lower center of gravity. It also brings you closer to the foil for more control when up and riding.
- BOXY RAILS = Pack the volume where you need it, increasing the float and stability so you can ride a narrower and shorter board.
- ROUND NOSE = Makes it incredibly forgiving on touch downs as the nose bounces and skims off the large surface area, not sticking and slowing you down.
- DRAINAGE CHANNELS = At the tail of the board lets the water drain out immediately once foiling.