Program: RDM - Reduced Diameter Masts
Ezzy RDM Hookipa - 91% Carbon Masts
Ezzy Hookipa masts are the strongest RDM's in the windsurfing industry. They are ideal for use with all Ezzy model sails and also work well with a large variety of other brands of sails in the industry that favor constant curve bend characteristics. These masts are made in Europe and include a padded mast bag. The sections can also be mixed and matched, meaning you can buy separate top and bottom sections to extend mast use range and ideal stiffness for Ezzy sail / mast options.
- Ezzy skinny masts contain 91% pre-preg carbon fiber. Pre-preg is the key to achieving a superior weight-to-strength ratio.
- The fibers are pre-saturated to an exact resin-to-fiber ratio, then hand-wrapped around a mandrel, and then thermally cured.
- The Ezzy Skinny Mast gets its superior strength from the 50% extra thickness of its walls.
- The small diameter makes the Ezzy Skinny a dream to sail. You'll notice the improved handling right away in your jibes.
- Ezzy tops and bottoms are interchangeable and sold individually. You can buy the perfect combination for your sail quiver. That means fewer masts. The general rule when mixing tops and bottoms is: choose a shorter bottom with a longer top.
- Talk to your local dealer about a skinny dedicated mast extension, or conversion parts to convert your existing mast extension to work with skinny masts.
- The Ezzy Sails are widely tested on standard and reduced diameter masts, and work perfectly well, but if you are looking for the perfect blend of performance and durability for Wave, Bump and Jump or even Slalom conditions, the RDM mast system is is the way to go. The Ezzy Skinny masts work FANTASTIC on the Lion Series!
- Padded mast bags available - now SOLD SEPARATELY and not included.
- RDM mast shims for SDM boom head attachment also available - sold separately.
Bend Curve Details:
Ezzy mast bend curves are; base: 62% & tip: 77%
340, 370, 400, 430, 460, 490
Pre-preg 91% carbon layup - for superior strength to weight ratios. The fibers are pre-saturated to an exact resin-to-fiber ratio, then hand-wrapped around a mandrel, and then thermally cured.
Note on Masts:
Ezzy Sails work great with the Ezzy Mast system, but also work with a variety of other brand masts (RDM and regular diameter). You could contact your mast maker and see if the bend of your non-Ezzy mast is compliant.