RRD Beluga Y26 Wing Foiling Board – Dynamite comes in a small package!
The Beluga is a new ultra compact wing foiling board that brings wing foiling to a new level. Targeting intermediate to advanced wingfoilers – the lower volume and compact size make it ideal for increased maneuverability and control as your abilities and skill sets improve. The Beluga is fun to ride both in flatwater and in waves, it simply does the job whatever the conditions throw at you! These are Short shapes packed with volume to allow buoyancy and maneuverability once in the air. The 170 is an all rounder that targets lighter winds and easier take-off. It can even be used for windfoiling as it has a mast box insert for rigs. 170 is convertible to windfoil as it floats enough to uphaul the sail and is well balanced when powered up at full speed. The 160 will feel more free and maneuverable in a lower volume and shorter design and is a targeted wingfoiling board. Both sizes feature rails with a pronounced bevel, allows you to have a larger area to position your feet and less bottom surface to reduce the drag during touch downs. A pronounced kicker on the tail makes you fly in no time when pumping it and keep control during your tricks. Carry handle on bottom allows ease of carrying board and foil while your other hand is carrying the wing (or wind rig on 170).
- 2 size options: 170 and 160.
- 170 is Wing and Wind foiling capable.
- 2 construction on 170 = LTD and Etech.
- 160 is Wing foiling specific.
- 1 construction on 160 = LTE.
- Full deck pad with color coordination to help feet positioning, comfort and support.
- Tail kicker to start foiling earlier and bevelled rails.
- Carry handle on the bottom for easy entry into the water.
- Special deck concave shape for a comfortable and performing ride.
- Deep double concave bottom for smooth touch downs.
- Multiple straps position (double or single front straps) to chose your preferred set up.
- Double front strap or single strap to chose your preferred set up for both flatwater or waves.
- Box type – 2 US box (Track Box System)
- Specific reinforced foil box with 2 US slots to resist any stress.
170 =170 cm L x 72 W, 105 liters, LTD = 7.5 kg, E-tech = 8.0 kg
160 = 160 cm L x 62 W, 75 liters, LTE = 6.5 kg
LTD: Semi custom / Biaxial innegra carbon deck and glass bottom. The LTD is RRD's “industry benchmark” for high performance boards and is now improved thanks to the new deck laminate that reduces weight and increases impact resistance. The Biaxial Carbon innegra fibers guarantee an impressive strength and long life. By mixing layers of innegra and carbon we also got a superb distinctive look. The bottom is built with 5 mm PVC foam 100 Kgs/m3, covered with a 160 grams glass full length and a half bottom length glass layer.
LTE: Wood technology which combines strength and lightness by adding specific reinforcements and perfectly combining them underneath the wood laminate.Those layers are combined together and placed very efficiently to reinforce the most stressed parts, leaving a lighter weight in less stressed areas. Both deck and bottom are laminated using a 0,6 mms wood veneer and Biaxial Glass fibers with a solid PVC reinforced bottom.
E-TECH: Glass epoxy skin top and bottom. RRD's strongest technology, the E-TECH is made for those entering or starting windsurfing. Suitable for schools and centers that want maximum durability. On the deck it combines 2 glass layers of 300gr and 400gr together with the Wood 0,6 mm which is the most resistant material available. The bottom has a thick glass layer of 450 gr and reinforcements on both nose and tail for maximum impact resistance.