Board Category: Freestyle Wave
RRD FREESTYLE WAVE Y25 LTE - The One Board That Does It All!
The new Y25 Freestyle Wave is your every day board. It's the most versatile board in RRD's range that you'll love to ride regardless of whether iyou're riding it in flatwater or waves. Y25 features a New Winger Tail design that enhances jibing and manueverability. This board design delivers excellent planing, exciting ride qualities, fast freeriding speed all with great maneuverability, control to inspire Go For It confidence to push your self! The Freestyle Wave’s reference bottom shape offers an extraordinary feeling of comfort and accessibility, but then it reacts quickly once it is put into proper action. It adapts to all wave and flatwater conditions
due to both single or thruster fin uses.
The details include: New Deck Laminates The outline with cut out COTAN Nose for a compact feel. Thin rails on the tail. Thruster fin set-up. The “Power Box” fin system in combination with the 2 side slot box fins, allows finding the perfect trim of the board depending the conditions or the rider’s style. K4 fins for RRD included: Single Fin SW on 96-114 sizing = excellent freewave, freeride or freestyle oriented sessions, New K4 Tri-Fins Shark slot 10 x's 2 & SSW 20-22 center pwr included on 78-90 sizes = to provide more grip or waves to ride. The Volume displacement has less volume in the tail and more volume on the nose, providing an amazingly well balanced board both in planing and non-planing conditions.
- LTE – RRD's Wood Sandwich Construction.
- New Winger Tail to enhance
- Straight Rocker until the mid section and slight double concave configuration = fast and manueverable!
- All the boards come with the “Power Box” fin system in combination with the 2 side slot
box to allow to find the best trim.
- Beautiful new graphics for each construction type.
- COTAN nose – more compact shape.
- Thin rail shape in tail.
- Slight double concave / V rail to rail bottom shape.
- K4 fins for RRD
- K4 SW Single Power box fin (96-114 = 28-32 cm)
- K4 Tri-Fins = Shark slot 10 x's 2 & SSW 20-22 center pwr included on 78-90 sizes.
- Power box center fin system – all sizes
- Slot box x's 2
- Slot box blank fillers x's 2
- DaKine / RRD footstrap x3-4
78, 84, 90, 96, 104, 114
LTE: The LTE is RRD's wood technology which combines strength and lightness by adding specific reinforcements and perfectly combining them underneath the wood laminate. Those layers are combined together and placed very efficiently to reinforce the most stressed parts, leaving a lighter weight in less stressed areas. Both deck and bottom are laminated using a 0,6 mms wood veneer and Biaxial Glass fibers with a solid PVC reinforced bottom.