Category: Foil Board
RRD Pocket Rocket Y26 – Etech - Compact Shape for Foiling and Easy Transport!
The 2nd generation Pocket Rocket from RRD features 2 sizes; 180 and 200. Building on the incredibly popular original design 180, these boards are revolutionary and allow cross sport foiling usage for Wind, Wing, and SUP foiling. The Pocket Pocket Y26 is an unique board for windfoiling and convertible to wing and sup foiling. It’s reduced length helps to take off earlier, stays up foiling longer and perfectly floats when uphauling the sail. Even more fun and accessible than his predecessor, the new Pocket Rocket Y26 has a new tail kicker to get you up flying earlier and bevelled rails for soft landings during touch downs. The added bigger size, the Pocket Rocket 200, is designed to cover the needs of even the heaviest riders or for those who are learning how to foil. The Pocket Rocket 180 and 200 are the most exhilarating boards for foiling to date.
- E-tech Construction.
- 180 and 200 cm lengths.
- Unique carry handle on the bottom for easy entry into the water.
- Board handle on the deck.
- Special concave shape on the deck for a comfortable and performing strapless ride.
- Bevelled rails for smooth touch downs.
- Equiped with both Track Box (twin US box) and DT Foil box.
- Mast box for windsurfing use.
- Multiple footstrap inserts.
- New Kicker Tail design – earlier take off.
- Full EVA deck pad – exceptional grip.
- *The footstraps are Not Included with the E-tech PR boards.
Sizes / Specs: Etech
180 = 180 cm x 76 cm, 120 lts, 9.1 kg / 20 lbs
200 = 200 cm x 80 cm 140 lts, 10.3 kg / 22.6 lbs
E-TECH - Glass epoxy skin top and bottom. RRD's strongest technology, the E-TECH is made for those entering or starting windsurfing. Suitable for schools and centers that want maximum durability. On the deck it combines 2 glass layers of 300gr and 400gr together with the Wood 0,6 mm which is the most resistant material available. The bottom has a thick glass layer of 450 gr and reinforcements on both nose and tail for maximum impact resistance.
- Compact WS/WING/SUP FOIL Board
- A Compact shape for outstanding foil rides and transportation ease.
- From intermediate to advanced level Windfoiling.
- Ideal for Strapless / Harnessless Rides.
- Great for Wing and SUP Foiling
RRD COMPACT LIFE = MODERN WINDSURFING? COMPACT WINDFOILING
When we first rode the Pocket Rocket 180 cm we immediately understood that we had our feet onto a new real jewel. The lack of a nose in front of the mast track, allowed to be more stable and keep foiling even in the lightest winds without the need of a big sail. It was enough to use a 5,2 Gamma 3 batten wave sail with only 10-15 knots of wind, having a blast.
Not to mention the practical side of things while you pack up and load the gear in your car! The Pocket Rocket perfectly fits inside the booth of any car and together with your hydrofoil and compact rig, you can go to the beach looking like you have your kite gear and not a windfoiling machine.