Board Category: WingFoil boards
Starboard Wingboard Litetech Foil boards - Easy – compact - wingfoil boards!
The Starboard Wingboard – Foiling models have been redesigned and available in a wider variety of sizes to suit your skill sets and growth potential. 3 models will be Isthmus focus for the 2023 season = 7’0” x 31”, 6’3” x 28.5” and 5’2” x 30”. Starboard redesigned this model and sizing to meet the evolving demands of wingfoilers. Starboard explains how they changed and modified their designs. “To get started we need stability and since volume works on leverage, the further away the volume is from your feet, the more stability it creates. We placed the volume in the rails, at the square nose and at the little “platform” at the tail of the board. Stability is also created by having the feet as close to the foil as possible. We do not want to foil with “High Heels”, so the thinner a board is, the better it rides.”
7’0” x 31” / 145 L = A progressive board for starting out in Wingboarding. The 7’0” is large enough to cater for riders up to 110kg while still a compact and maneuverable design.
6’3” x 28.5” / 115 L = Our mid-size Wingboard is the ideal balance of stability, glide, and maneuverability for riders up to 100kg
5’2” x 30” / 100 L = Catering for larger riders while remaining in a compact size. The 5’2” has plenty of volume and width, making flying easy and maneuverable. Offering high-performance riding to riders up to 100kg.
- 6 size options (stocking 3 = 5’2, 6’3, 7’0)
- New sizes and designs added 2023.
- LiteTech Construction – Great value and performance
- RECESSED DECK = Significantly improves stability as you have a lower center of gravity. It also brings you closer to the foil for more control when up and riding.
- BOXY RAILS = Pack the volume where you need it, increasing the float and stability so you can ride a narrower and shorter board.
- ROUND NOSE = Makes it incredibly forgiving on touch downs as the nose bounces and skims off the large surface area, not sticking and slowing you down.
- DRAINAGE CHANNELS = At the tail of the board lets the water drain out immediately once foiling.
- HIGH VOLUME TAIL = Boosts the overall float to ride such small boards.
- FLAT TAIL ROCKER = And sharp rails forward increase ground speed until take off.
- CHANNEL BOTTOM = That get deeper towards the tail helps to pump, rock the board into release and also helps for stability.
- CUTAWAY TAIL = Allows the board to release that much earlier and reduces the rails from catching through turning.
- NEW FOOTSTRAP INSERTS = The new 18cm distance between the inserts allows you to have a wider footstrap span for better trim and control while foiling since you can micro-adjust your position.
- FOIL POSITION = Is optimized to provide early lift for fast take offs and gives a very balanced trim when up and riding.
- CARRY HANDLE = The carry handle is moved to the bottom of the board to avoid interfering when foiling, yet still easy to carry.
- NEW SELF-VENTILATING VALVE = A self-ventilating air valve is available on the board. This valve is self-ventilating so, it should not be touched or removed – otherwise, you are at risk of damaging the valve system.
- New FOOTSTRAP INSERTS = new 18cm distance between the inserts allows you to have a wider footstrap span for better trim and control while foiling since you can micro-adjust your position.
- * Footstraps and hardware Not Included (sold separately) for Litetech models!
Size / Specs:
7’4” x 32.5” / 160 L = Length 7’4” / 223.5 cm, Width 32.5” / 82.5cm
7’0” x 31” / 145 L = Length: 7’0” / 213 cm Width: 31” / 79 cm
6’3” x 28.5” / 115 L = Length: 6’3″ / 190 cm Width: 28.5″ / 72 cm
5’2” x 30” / 100 L = Length: 5’2” / 158 cm Width: 30” / 76 cm
5’2” x 27.5” / 90 L = Length: 5’2” / 158 cm, Width: 27.5” / 70 cm
4’9” x 26” / 70 L = Length: 4’9” / 145 cm, Width: 26” / 66 cm
* Call for availability of other sizes
LITE TECH = LIGHT, STRONG, AFFORDABLE = Extra rigidity with the introduction of unidirectional stringer bands and solid with added rail / nose reinforcements. Australian pine on the standing area for extra impact resistance and rigidity in the most critical area. Comes with shoulder carry strap inserts. Starboard shoulder carry strap can be purchased after market. All inserts have added high-density foam reinforcements.